Thursday, February 08, 2007

Impetus Media Sightings

Impetus had a down-right media frenzy the other day, popping up on Galleycat, Bookslut and Largeheartedboy. The links follow.

First, the Galleycat post linking to Jennifer's open letter to Judith Regan. I forwarded the letter and the Galleycat post to the Midwest correspondent at Publisher's Weekly, but they didn't deem it news worthy . . . but they'll soon see the error in their ways--we made Judith an offer she can't refuse.

The other two items both involve Nick Antosca's new book Fires. You can read Nick's thoughts on the writing of Fires, being a young writer and "blowing his load" (or not) in his interview with Ned Vizinni on Bookslut. And on Largeheartedboy you can read about the music that inspired and fueled the writing of Fires.

All-in-all, it as a damn good day--I wish we got that much press every day of the week.

1 comment:

JR's Thumbprints said...

I read about Impetus Press at Newpages.com. I wish you guys all the luck in the world. I read plenty of literary journals with plenty of great short stories, but it's nice to see some fresh new blood on the scene. After awhile, my excitement for those literary journals waivers because I'm always reading the same writers from the same universities.