Saturday, February 03, 2007





















Update

Well, we've been back from our trip for a while now, and it was amazing. That being said, we'll probably never go on vacation again, because we had more to do when we came back than ever. FIRES was inexplicably held up at the border, and when the books finally did arrive, many of them were damaged due to incorrect packing and general laziness on the part of our printer, Transcontinental. So, basically we've been dealing with the nightmare of trying to come to an agreement on reprinting--or a discount. Either way, we'll have to pay Biblio to hand-check all the books currently at the distributer--which is a pain in the ass, to say the least.

I feel like I'm in one of those patches where, no matter how hard you try, nothing seems to go right. It makes me want to hide in my room till it all blows over, and the mess attaches itself to someone elses life. I also feel bad for my friends who were afected by the PGW bankruptcy disaster--like Soft Skull Press. I know how hard it is for us to stay afloat when we get paid, on average, every 4 months or so, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to know that you're not EVER going to get paid what you're owed. Now, more than ever, I'm glad that both PGW AND Consortium turned us down. As for Consortium, I don't want to be part of a monopoly either.

We've pushed Christian TeBordo's novel WE GO LIQUID to September. It will be released with Dave Housley's awesome collection of stories RYAN SEACREST IS FAMOUS. The push was partly forced by the new requirements of our distributers, and partly because WGL is NOT a beach-read, and I don't want it to have to compete with books like the new Harry Potter--as if anything really could. Also, most reading series' shut down in the summer months anyway. So, September it is.

And for your viewing pleasure, the top photo is the sunset over the Charles Bridge in Prague.

No comments: